NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Notts Amateur: Nick Kirkman 1-3 Keith Holgate  (Read 858 times)

Nick Kirkman

We decided to play this match at Keith's home.

I had my chances in the first frame but was struggling with the pace of the table and was unable to hold for position most of the time. Keith went onto win the 2nd frame also but was more convincing in this frame having a modest 32 break.
In the 3rd frame I came out fighting and starting potting them from all over the place and was beginning to settle better and started really enjoying this great table of Keith's and pulled a frame back.
I started well in this frame with a couple of good long pots but missed a relatively easy ball and then Keith took over and put togther a very good 45. With 3 or 4 reds left i sensed i stilll had a chance to get back into the frame but just missed one too many and Keith soon  put it too bed.

Not an unexpected result and was really pleased Keith agreed to play at his place and I wish him all the best in the Notts Amateurs.

Keithholgate

Re: Notts Amateur: Nick Kirkman 1-3 Keith Holgate
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/13, 00:46 »
Thanks for your kind words Nick, all I can say is that I'm glad that I won the fourth frame, as a decider would have been very interesting.
Your long potting in the third frame was astounding, leaving me needing several snookers on the last red.
Good luck for the rest of the season, I look forward to playing you again.