NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Vinnie Dennis 1-3 Jon Sully  (Read 1981 times)

streetsleeper3i

Vinnie Dennis 1-3 Jon Sully
« on: 14/08/13, 18:55 »
Played the match at the towers, Mansfield on table 10. Jon won the first on the black after i missed my very easy chance of potting it. 2nd frame i won with only a few colours left, Then the next 2 frames went down to pink and blacks also with myself missing a 6 inch straight pink. Overall Jon played better than the first time i played him and also had a good run of the balls, but still has a few funny shot choices (no offence Jon) and as for myself I'm not going to get started with how badly i played AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Glad the league is over now and comparing how i play in comps to league play, i Only turned up once this season in the league and that was against Brian Unfortunately. Comps for me from now on. Well done Jon and good luck.

sixofclubs

Re: Vinnie Dennis 1-3 Jon Sully
« Reply #1 on: 14/08/13, 22:07 »
The table was a shocker which didn't help the flow of the game I felt. I was very surprised to win the first frame and to be honest before the match would have taken a draw.

My shot choices are so dodgy because my confidence is on the floor at the moment - I always assume I'll miss so I pick the shot that caters to that the best!! Hopefully that attitude will change soon, I do feel I am slowly turning a corner. I must read that book Tony is on about....

We both missed some unmissable balls, surprising really as the pockets on that table were very friendly to say the least.

As ever I enjoyed your company Vinnie. I think I was just determined not to lose to a man not bothering with shoes!!

mogsy

« Reply #2 on: 15/08/13, 10:28 »
Vinnie, in practice this week you have been excellent knocking in some quality 40+ breaks against me & you even had a 61 at Pegasus against Brian. Think it went pear shaped when Jon asked if he could video the match & you played so bad because you knew the whole world would see the shorts you were wearing, let's be honest mate, they were something like Don Johnson from Miami Vice would wear, they were shocking & I'm not even going to mention your smelly feet lol. Only joking mate, everyone gets bad days (look how awful I played after your match. I had to leave or otherwise I was going to use my cue as a javelin). It's like riding a bike, if you fall off get back on quickly (or something like that). My advice would be to stick with it, get some proper quality table time in, do some line ups & practice routines. I'm sure it will become easier & you will start to enjoy it again. Taking nothing away from Jon he capitalised on your mistakes & punished you on the colours. Look at football for instance, how many games do you see when a team are playing better than their opponents only for them to concede a goal in the dying seconds. Jon, The Chimp Paradox is the way forward

sixofclubs

« Reply #3 on: 15/08/13, 12:05 »
Vinnie, in practice this week you have been excellent knocking in some quality 40+ breaks against me & you even had a 61 at Pegasus against Brian. Think it went pear shaped when Jon asked if he could video the match & you played so bad because you knew the whole world would see the shorts you were wearing, let's be honest mate, they were something like Don Johnson from Miami Vice would wear, they were shocking & I'm not even going to mention your smelly feet lol. Only joking mate, everyone gets bad days (look how awful I played after your match. I had to leave or otherwise I was going to use my cue as a javelin). It's like riding a bike, if you fall off get back on quickly (or something like that). My advice would be to stick with it, get some proper quality table time in, do some line ups & practice routines. I'm sure it will become easier & you will start to enjoy it again. Taking nothing away from Jon he capitalised on your mistakes & punished you on the colours. Look at football for instance, how many games do you see when a team are playing better than their opponents only for them to concede a goal in the dying seconds. Jon, The Chimp Paradox is the way forward

I did wonder on the way home if Vinnie had been spooked by me videoing the match but I did tell him only saddo me would watch it afterwards - it definitely wasn't YouTube bound! Unless one of us had a good break perhaps but that wasn't the idea, I just wanted to check out a few things as I have found the feedback very useful lately.

It is true to say that Vinnie lost rather than I won (Vinnie knows that) but I did play a bit better than I have been lately.

I shall be reading the Chimp Paradox, starting today!

mogsy

« Reply #4 on: 15/08/13, 12:17 »
Definitely agree not You tube bound, those shorts would give kids nightmares lol

dwayne46

« Reply #5 on: 15/08/13, 14:15 »
Excuses don't wash with me Vinnie!  ;)

Get yourself registered for the winter league and stop being a big wuss.

Daniel

« Reply #6 on: 16/08/13, 18:52 »
Excuses don't wash with me Vinnie!  ;)
Come on Vinnie, don't be scared.

You aren't the only player who played a few shockers.  Get your name down.

streetsleeper3i

« Reply #7 on: 17/08/13, 13:44 »
Alright, alright...... I'm entering.