NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Premier A: Chris Winter 4-0 Tony Morgan  (Read 1471 times)

mogsy

Premier A: Chris Winter 4-0 Tony Morgan
« on: 08/08/13, 22:29 »
Chris Winter 4 - 0 Tony Morgan

Frames were a lot closer than the score line looks.
Match played at BCI on table 7

Frame 1 Chris was trailing by some 30 to 40 points & pulled out a very good 57 clearance.
Frame 2 Tony was again 30 in front with 1 red remaining. Chris played a good snooker which he gained 12 points from. Then again playing another good snooker & gained another 12 points, eventually winning the game on the black.
Frame 3 went similar to the 2nd but this time Tony needing a snooker on the pink, which Tony eventually got only to again lose on the black.
Frame 4 Chris stormed away with a healthy 60 point advantage which Tony never recovered from.

Cheers Chris for a good match & good luck with your remaining 2 fixtures

High Breaks : Chris Winter 57 (clearance)

Chris Winter

Re: Premier A result
« Reply #1 on: 08/08/13, 22:45 »
Cheers for the game Tony, first 3 frames were anybodys. See you soon all the best Chris.

mogsy

« Reply #2 on: 08/08/13, 23:01 »
Couldn't agree more Chris. Don't think the table done either of us any favours. It certainly wasn't playing as good as it should play, or as played. Don't forget to mention to Pete about that side cushion. There's more life in a flat bottle of pop than in that cushion lol. That 3 miss rule cost me dearly. Really enjoyed the match.

streetsleeper3i

« Reply #3 on: 09/08/13, 11:36 »
Unlucky Tony, Personally i don't agree with 3 miss rule, I know you play at a better standard than me but that also means your playing better players. My point being if you miss a snooker 3 times least is 12 points then in the same match miss another 3 times then that may aswell been you giving a 24 head start to the person your playing.... Just my thoughts on the rule....... Well done to Chris on your win....

mogsy

« Reply #4 on: 09/08/13, 12:03 »
Cheers Vinnie, it certainly takes some getting used to & yes it can be very costly in points awarded in fouls. I've been in some snookers & played some snookers in the past where it is nearlly impossible to hit the object ball without playing a deliberate foul (object ball tight on a cushion & surrounded by other balls with little or no direct route). What would happen regarding the 3 miss rule then??? If frame not awarded for playing a deliberate foul I would personally take a free ball, pot it & then lay onto a colour & start counting up the fouls again until you reach a point where the other player would nearly require snookers themselves. I'm just lucky that I didn't hit the black 3 times, otherwise it would have been 21 points each snooker, I think if that had been the case I'd have phoned for a taxi lol

streetsleeper3i

« Reply #5 on: 09/08/13, 12:49 »
That's to true Tony, take a free ball and roll up again, I've had it done against me and it's very unfair even though it's in the rules that it is fine to do so....... How is that legal full stop. I went for a red of 3 cushions, missed and left a straight red to the center pocket and other player put me back in the snooker instead of taking the red on. Also unfair...... Over a best of 19 maybe, but, when you only have a few frames to play there should be no place for it at the standard we play at. It should be that you try really hard to hit the object ball 1st time no matter what and if you miss unlucky but you tried. We are not pro's!!!!!!!!! (even though we like to think we are when we are slamming pinks in at 50mph down the rails with more top than Katie price....)