NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Division 2: Jason Smith 1 - 3 Harvey Pabla  (Read 1587 times)

Harvey Pabla

Division 2: Jason Smith 1 - 3 Harvey Pabla
« on: 19/07/13, 13:05 »

Not looking forward to playing snooker in this great weather we're having I was pleasantly surprised walking into Spot on Sneinton to find it was air conditioned and more importantly it was working :)

Jay had a tremendous amount of bad luck in the 1st frame with multiple in offs and unlucky fouls gifting me at least 20+ points. I played fairly steady and won the frame comfortably.

The second frame was a much tighter affair which Jay won on the black.

The 3rd frame was probably the quickest frame I have ever played in my life. After a few rounds of safety shots Jay left me in amongst the reds and they were all open and somehow I managed to keep going with my break which finally ended on a BREAK OF 70 (my highest ever break in a match in some 30 years of playing the game) :)

As was to be expected I couldn't pot a thing in frame 4 as I was still in shock :o Jay built a steady lead and went 13 up with pink and black left. I managed to pot both to set up a re-spot. I won the coin toss and put Jay in, who went for a thin cut in the corner bag and left it over the bag for me to pot and win the match.

Thanks for the match Jay and well played. Putting aside my break I think the match could have gone either way.

andy

Re: Division 2: Jason Smith 1 - 3 Harvey Pabla
« Reply #1 on: 19/07/13, 13:24 »
Well done Harvey for that fantastic break. . ;)

Martin Marriott

« Reply #2 on: 19/07/13, 13:25 »
Well done Harvey on your high break

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: 19/07/13, 14:49 »
a BREAK OF 70 (my highest ever break in a match in some 30 years of playing the game)
Good stuff Harvey.  ;D

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 19/07/13, 20:20 »
Awesome break Harvey, you must be over the moon!  Easily the highest break in division 2, pushing Asif's 51 into 2nd place on the board:

http://nottinghamsnooker.com/nbsa/summer_2013/high_breaks.htm

Daniel

« Reply #5 on: 20/07/13, 11:17 »
Awesome break Harvey, you must be over the moon!  Easily the highest break in division 2, pushing Asif's 51 into 2nd place on the board:
Shouldn't they get higher breaks than division 3 than division 2?  Our highest is 89! (Well Jason's is anyway :P )

Keep trying division 2 boys.

Sorry couldn't resist it. LOL :D

Brilliant break mate.

sean croft

« Reply #6 on: 20/07/13, 16:39 »
Its a wicked feeling isn't it Harvey! I've made my first competitive 72 break this season aswel well done mate enjoy it, players like us deserve to shine from time to time only wish I can do it again soon and more often lol.

good performance mate keep it up ;) 

RossWilkin

« Reply #7 on: 20/07/13, 19:09 »
Great stuff Captain, I can only dream of such stuff!
Dan, keep your negative banter for the enemy, it's never good for the team!!
 ;)