NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Premier A: Troy Brett 2 - 2 Tony Morgan  (Read 2478 times)

Tony Morgan

Premier A: Troy Brett 2 - 2 Tony Morgan
« on: 04/07/13, 21:15 »

Match played at The Towers. This was Troy's home game but because he couldn't play my home fixture at The Towers due to logistics, he requested that we played this match at The Towers. Thanks for being a good sport. Where on earth do I start with this report, because what happened was probably the 4 best frames of snooker I've ever had the pleasure to be involved in.
Frame 1 Troy won with a superb 42 clearance after being 41 behind.
Frame 2, Troy broke off & after some good safety play & the odd point or 2, Troy left me in amongst the reds & I cleared the table with a well taken 107 clearance.
Frame 3 went very similar to frame 2 except with me missing an easy black & Troy replied with an incredible 118, only to miss the final awkward black.
Frame 4 went to myself with Troy needing several snookers on the yellow.
Troy's 118 was so fast I now need new rubber soles on my trainers, (may send them to Pirelli for testing) he was flying around the table & at times I couldn't pick the colours out of the pockets quick enough. There were times during his break he made Tony Drago look like a snail.
High breaks : Tony Morgan 107, Troy Brett 118
Troy thanks for a fantastic match & good luck with your remaining fixtures, cheers Tony

Troy Brett

Re: Premier A: Troy Brett 2 - 2 Tony Morgan
« Reply #1 on: 04/07/13, 22:24 »
Still cant believe it, feels like a blur to be honest, knew it was in there but to finally get it, and on such a tight table and after watching Tonys superb break just before it almost inspired me.
Will have to play you more often Tony.

JoeReynolds12

« Reply #2 on: 04/07/13, 22:44 »
Woop woop!  Well played, brilliant breaks!

jaguar

« Reply #3 on: 05/07/13, 07:47 »
WOW!
2 centuries in 4 frames single league match,
That has to be a first.
Fantastic stuff!

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 05/07/13, 08:37 »
Well done guys, fantastic!

sean croft

« Reply #5 on: 05/07/13, 09:12 »
Good stuff lads

mogsy

« Reply #6 on: 05/07/13, 11:45 »
Next time I play you Troy, I'm going to bring a pair of roller skates to get around the table quicker. When your in full flight it's a pleasure to watch. You pot some balls that most players either don't see or think that there's no chance of them getting the pot. Like I said in original post, it was a pleasure to be part of the match. To be honest Troy it doesn't come has a surprise because you were unlucky when you missed a blue at Cueball for a 100 break a few weeks ago & you were again unlucky missing a black for another 100 with 2 reds left this Sunday (against me & Lee Shanker)

mattiewalters@hotmail.co.

« Reply #7 on: 05/07/13, 12:26 »
Well played lads. Quality stuff.

CUEBOY

« Reply #8 on: 05/07/13, 12:51 »
Well done lads quality reading & a quality game, id have loved to have watched that on video!

I have only met Tony a couple of times but what a top draw bloke in all departments, ive met Troy unfortuanatly on many occasions and he is still a douchbag!

Dan Moll

« Reply #9 on: 07/07/13, 00:16 »
Wow! Well done boys, surely not table 13 or 14, very impressive if on table 14  :)

mogsy

« Reply #10 on: 07/07/13, 09:01 »
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Yes Dan it was on the match table which definitely made the breaks that bit more special for us both knowing how tight the table is. Someone must have sprinkled "fairy dust" in the club that night because even Tyler had a 44 doing line ups on table 13 & the 2 guys who were playing on table 15 were also knocking in 50+s for fun. Funny thing is I haven't played since, hope your enjoying your holiday with the family?

a31levera

« Reply #11 on: 07/07/13, 20:23 »
Great breaks by both!!well done guys very rare that!!!

james

« Reply #12 on: 23/07/13, 23:34 »
Due to being a little busy as of late, ive not had much time to post on here.

MY 1st post though certainly deserves to go to a good friend though.

Well done troy cracking break mate, fantastic stuff.

Tony not bad going yourself.

Sounded like a right hum dinger of a match.