NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Division 2: Willowbrook Wizards 1-4 Mapperley (29/04/13)  (Read 1513 times)

gprice

Frames in order of being played:

Frame 3
Glenn Price Vís Geoff Merry
Glenn started off like a man on a mission making some small breaks and playing some good safety and in no time at all he was some 27 points in front. Although this did not deter a very determined Geoff,  who played some outstanding safety and clawed his way back into the frame.
The frame was now very close, 22 points available and 22 remaining, Geoff played  some more great safety and got the snooker he required, then he decided to  strike, he potted a very good brown and a even better blue, he played the pink into the bottom left pocket only to watch it rattle and stay out. Glenn had never moved so fast, got down potted the pink and secured promotion for his team!!!
Glenn 68 Ė 42 Geoff

Frame 4
Ash Sanders Vís Andy Cornall
What can I say! This has to be the frame of the night, Ash started like a steam train potting everything in sight and playing some very good match snooker, I donít think Andy knew what had hit him to start with, it seemed to take Andy some time to get into the frame. Ash was 39 points in front and looking like he was going to secure the Championship for his team, when all of a sudden out of nowhere Andy knocked in a very well taken 24 break to bring him back into the frame. He then followed this by taking the majority of the colours. In the end the frame comes down to a black ball game, some very good safety from both players, Ash tried a fine cut into the top pocket and just missed, but unfortunately left a half chance for Andy which he duly potted.
Ash 58 Ė 60 Andy

Frame 2
Rob Lord Vís Donny Merry
These two players always seem to have a battle when they meet, and tonight was no different, nothing really in the frame the whole way through, until coming down to the last couple of reds Donny found his potting boots and got himself a convincing lead, and he didnít let up when it came down to the colours, taking the majority and claiming the frame.
Rob 29 Ė 69 Donny

Frame 1
The final frame of the night and to be honest the first time I have seen Mr Howard look nervous, (to be honest by this point in the night I may have had one to many, celebrating promotion, so cant really remember much about this frame)
From what I can remember both Alex and Steve were potting well and towards the end of the frame Steve was the stronger player, securing the match and the championship for Mapperley.
Alex 37 Ė Steve 72

I can honestly say we as a team have thoroughly enjoyed this season, we set out to have fun and a laugh and try and play some good snooker along the way, for us to be promoted is something we never thought would happen and we a genuinely very happy.

It has to be said that Mapperley have been extremely consistent this season and are fully deserving of the title, congratulations guys and thank you for a great night and a great match.

rvwright@ntlworld.com

Re: Willowbrook Wizards V's Mapperley
« Reply #1 on: 30/04/13, 10:07 »
Congratulations to Mapperley CC on securing the division 2 title.

Well done to Willowbrook Wizards on achieving promotion by the smallest of margins. It all came down to matches played against each other, and Spot on (Sneinton) being deducted a point for playing a player out of grade sequence.

andy

« Reply #2 on: 30/04/13, 11:59 »
A fantastic match report there Glenn, it really was a great nights snooker that could have gone anyway, both Geoff and Glenn were outstanding in their frame, , great potting from Glenn and Geoff pulling off some brilliant snookers towards the end of the frame. Ash played really well on the night, not only with the great lead he built up early in the frame, but when I got back in the frame with the 24 break and laId a snooker on both the Blue and Pink ball he managed to get out of both of them.if he had missed the snooker on the pink he would have left an easy pot for me to win the frame, so that for me was the shot of the night. All the colours went safe in Donnys and Robs frame so it was hard to score much for both players.As Glenn said Donny started to pot well and take him into a 33 point lead and unfortunately Rob couldn't catch up. With Steve playing the last frame for Mapperley he knew what was needed of him..a win would give Mapperley the title and also put him top of the rankings list for the season. He didn't disappoint as he wrapped up the win for the victory. I think a draw on the night and a 3-2 victory for either team would have been a fairer result really though. Well done to WillowBrook for a fantastic season and promotion, well done to Mapperley for winning both the summer and winter league over the last 12 months. 

Qboyhoward

« Reply #3 on: 30/04/13, 13:24 »
                              'Mapperley achieve the double'  
(After winning last summer's league title,it was particularly 'sweet' to also win this season's winter league also.)

So a pat on the back to the Mapperley team for their consistency over both season's.

And also not forgetting Glenn,Rob,Ash and Alex, for a stirling performance,and doing what they obviously set out to do,and that was win promotion,which is just what they did,well done guys!

A great end to the long 'winter' league,going right down to the last match.Fab' summary of the match last night Glenn.The Willowbrook lads are all super guys to play against,and i've always enjoyed their banter whenever we've played there.

If i did look nervous Glenn,then it was maybe down to the pressure of me having had to wait all night to play my frame,and knowing i 'had' to win for our team,and also knowing the 'ribbing' i would have got,had i not done the job.
In short,a fabulous night,i love these tight finishes,that decide league titles.
Look forward to playing the Wizards next season in Div 1.
Well played to everyone last night . . .

To be honest . .
                             ''No one was a loser really, on the night ''

james

« Reply #4 on: 30/04/13, 14:07 »
UNLUCKY WILLOWBROOK

WELL DONE MAPPERLEY

gprice

« Reply #5 on: 30/04/13, 14:24 »
Thanks guys,

It really was a great match to be involved in, and very close in the end.
I agree with Andy 3-2 to either team would of been a fair result, but it just was not to be.
Congratulations to Mapperley CC on securing the division 2 title.

Well done to Willowbrook Wizards on achieving promotion by the smallest of margins. It all came down to matches played against each other, and Spot on (Sneinton) being deducted a point for playing a player out of grade sequence.

Thanks Bob, i think we always thought it was going to be close, but a small margin is still a margin  ;)