NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Open Singles: Nav Hussain 1-3 Keith Holgate  (Read 1088 times)

Keith Holgate

Slugging out yet another match with Nav tonight, like Ali and Frasier.
But this was no thriller from Manilla.
Nav took the first frame without making any mistakes, and clearing the table with a 35 .
I managed to,drag Nav down to a more manageable standard and took the second frame with Nav needing snookers on the yellow.
Frame three went to me after a catalogue of misses from us both, I managed to clear the colours to win on the black.
The last frame looked the most promising for me, after a decent break off from Nav, I long potted my way into a great chance, only to see it come to an end on 15.
Nav was unable to take advantage, with more misses from him, I was able to clear from brown to black to win the match.
If there had been onlookers, it may have seemed like a decent match, but Nav and I both know that we played well below par.
Nav may float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, but on this occasion slugger Holgate got the better of him.

mr147

Re: Open Singles: Nav Hussain 1, Keith Holgate 3
« Reply #1 on: 15/04/13, 22:31 »
Keith you do really make some excellent match reports :))

We both missed shots that we probably pot left handed, but you took the chances that came along better then me. After a fluent first frame, i seemed to be cueing well, but something happened and some really bad mistaked occured.

Good luck to both you and wayne in the final, you deserved the victory tonight, see you again keith in some more matches.

Steve Butler

• Administrator
Re: Open Singles: Nav Hussain 1-3 Keith Holgate
« Reply #2 on: 15/04/13, 23:53 »
Well done Keith.  It should be a great final between you and Wayne.