NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Notts Amateur: Guy Dennis 4-1 David Jobling  (Read 1973 times)

Steve Butler

• Administrator

Gotham Match Room played host to the first semi-final between Worksop's Guy Dennis and Newark's David Jobling.

The players decided to make the long journey more worthwhile by agreeing to play best of 7 frames.

Frame 1
Both players were slow to get going in the match but Jobling won the frame 63-37 to go 1-0 up.

Frame 2
After a cagey start, Dennis produced a very nice 58 break to take this frame 64-20 and level the match.

Frame 3
This frame was neck and neck all the way and inevitably went down to the black.  Both players had their chances but it was Dennis who eventually potted it to win 60-51 and take a 2-1 lead.

Frame 4
Dennis was now starting to play well and he opened the frame with a 20 break. Jobling replied with a nice run of 36 but a fine 34 clearance by Dennis sealed the frame 86-37.

Frame 5
The final frame was one way traffic as Dennis produced breaks of 13, 23, 31 and 30 to win the frame 101-0 and secure a 4-1 victory.

Congratulations to Dennis who will meet either Nav Hussain or Troy Brett in this year's final.

Troy Brett

Re: Notts Amateur: Guy Dennis 4-1 David Jobling
« Reply #1 on: 22/03/13, 06:57 »
Well done Guy, good win. Any idea when mine an Navs match is going to be Steve?

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 22/03/13, 08:01 »
I was waiting for you to get over your illness.

Will you be fit to play next Wednesday night, that's 27th March, at 7.30pm?

mr147

« Reply #3 on: 22/03/13, 12:15 »
Steve, i have dave jobling on wednesday the 27th as he going away soon. Try to give me some more dates if you can , so we can choose.

Well done to guy and unlucky to dave, few close frames there , could have gone either way.

thanks

dwayne46

« Reply #4 on: 22/03/13, 13:38 »
I was waiting for you to get over your illness.

Will you be fit to play next Wednesday night, that's 27th March, at 7.30pm?

NOOOOOOOO, he should be playing for my team that night in a crucial league game!

Troy Brett

« Reply #5 on: 22/03/13, 18:22 »
either a friday or saturday would be ideal for me.can do both nxt week

denngu

« Reply #6 on: 23/03/13, 18:04 »
I thoroughly enjoyed my match with David. Both of us started a little nervously, missing easy balls during the first frame. David then adapted better than myself and deservedly won the first frame.
   The second frame started the same way as the first, scrappy with good chances being squandered. David looked set to make a decent brake but missed a relatively easy black to let me in for a 58 break.
   The third went to the black, with both of us having chances to win.
I potted a good long black to make it 2-1.
   The fourth could have gone either way going into the colours. David missed the final red with the rest when he looked set to clear and i was very relieved to clear up and go within one frame of victory.
  After a short break, the 5th frame of the evening was in total contrast to the preceding frames as i knocked in a few small breaks to win the match.

I really enjoyed my first visit to the Gotham Matchroom, fnding the table in excellent condition. Its never easy to lose and David was a true gent in defeat, with sincere comments and best wishes for the final. Thank you David and i look forward to our future battles together.....

Many thanks to Steve for hosting the event and look forward to my return. Good luck to Nav and Troy in the other semi-final..

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 23/03/13, 22:22 »
Thanks for that report Guy.  Also, thanks for those press clippings, I'm about to post them in another thread.