NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Junior Hcp: Paul Wainwright 2-0 James Robinson  (Read 1732 times)

James Robinson

A cracking match to be fair with loads of twist and turns.

1st frame both players kept things tight as neither of us really pulled away. Still tight going into the colours james has the lead by a few points. paul pots the yellow but snookers himself on the green behind the blue after 3 attempts he finally hits it but it cost him 11 points, james pots green to go 23 up with 22 on, then silly me  :o with brown in a not so good postion right on top of the blue i go to just snick the brown and miss it completely, my turn to escape a snooker now. again after 3rd attempt i hit it. Paul pots brown and blue goes for a pot on the pink misses by a mile pink comes over hits the black which rolls right in front of the white  :-X, i narrowly miss the pink in trying to escape  >:( paul pots pink and black.

2nd frame a right scrappy frame with most the reds going on bottom cushion, james though has a small 20 point lead but with balls not nice it was hard for either player to really make any chances, paul claws his way back and we both back level again going into colours. paul pots blue for the frame, i play on for the 1 snooker and by the smallest of margins just cant quite get behind the black on a few attempts.

Well played paul and all the best in the final mate.

MikeL

Re: Junior Hcp: Paul Wainwright 2-0 James Robinson
« Reply #1 on: 16/03/13, 00:20 »
Well done Paul...make a nice change to play rather than ref a final ;)

Hard luck James

wainwright2

« Reply #2 on: 16/03/13, 15:10 »
Thank you Mike.

Unlucky James, it was a closer game than the scoreline suggests. The fluked snooker in the first frame extreme lucky had the white finished anywhere else I feel you'd have taken that frame.

The second frame was nip and tuck as the reds went safe early on, I manged to double to pink full length of table while James need a snooker.

A scrappy match and if James had a bit more role it could have gone the other way.

Paul

dwayne46

« Reply #3 on: 16/03/13, 16:37 »
Sounds to me like both semi finals could easily have gone the other way and that old chestnut "run of the ball" had a lot of influence over the outcome of both matches.

Good luck to the both of you in the final.