NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Notts Amateur: Keith Holgate 1-3 Nav Hussain  (Read 1204 times)

Keith Holgate

Well it had to happen. The bubble burst tonight, and rightly so.
Nav was the stronger player overall, with outstanding long potting, great break building, and super safety.

Frame one was my only offering, which I took fairly comfortably with a 51 break.

But then Nav turned up!, I made 14 in frame two, 21 in frame three and 2 in frame four.

Nav meanwhile was making breaks of 31, 44 and 46, coupled with great safety.

Well played Nav, always a pleasure to see you play, in my opinion you are one of our best, and most natural players, and when you play match snooker like you did tonight you will take some stopping.

mr147

Re: Notts Amateur: Keith Holgate 1, Nav Hussain 3
« Reply #1 on: 13/03/13, 22:53 »
Well where do i start keith.... you have been unbeaten in god knows how many matches you have played since last season and continued the form throughout this season. I had to bring my A game tonight or it would have been good night to notts am.

In the first frame when you had 51 break, i thought here we go again... i was thinking to myself that if i dont take my chances , you will just get stronger and match would be over very quickly. Slowly i managed to crawl into the frames and force some mistakes from you in order to get some kind of momentum going and that helped me in rest of the frames.

The table was running very fast but true and a pleasure to play on (real match conditions). I will see you again later on this month in the Prem A, so this is the 3rd time we will meet this month !!!

Like other prem A players commented , there is always something to pick up from your game keith, very stong match play snooker.. thanks and good luck in the remaining of your matches.