NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Junior Hcp: Dwayne Martin 1-2 Donny Merry  (Read 1457 times)

Steve Butler

• Administrator
Junior Hcp: Dwayne Martin 1-2 Donny Merry
« on: 09/03/13, 22:31 »

1: Martin 72-37 Merry
Martin won this frame easily.

2: Martin 53-62 Merry
Martin was on course to win it but he missed the blue and Merry went on to pot blue and a pink which seemed to hover on the edge of the pocket for 2 seconds before dropping in.

3: Martin 57-63 Merry
The decider went right down to the black and Martin had a good chance but he overclipped it and it went across the table and finished over the other corner pocket leaving a simple match ball pot for Merry.

Result submitted via phone by Dwayne Martin.

Congratulations to Donny Merry who will meet either James Robinson or Paul Wainwright in the final.

james

Re: Junior Hcp: Dwayne Martin 1-2 Donny Merry
« Reply #1 on: 09/03/13, 23:55 »
Hard luck Dwayne sounds like it could of gone either way.

Well done don.

andy

« Reply #2 on: 10/03/13, 19:12 »
Well done Don,its great to see you make it to the final..another success for the Mapperley team :)

dwayne46

« Reply #3 on: 10/03/13, 21:09 »
I have to say that I've still no idea how I lost this match, I honestly thought I was the better player throughout and ultimately Don's constant good run of the ball in the last two frames, especially at the crucial momments won it for him.

His outrageous good fortune in the second frame did for me, I have no idea how the match ball blue diidn't drop in and for the pink to do as it did took the biscuit, I knew then that it was going to go all the way to the last ball.....

I had my chances though still, indeed I had tough straight pink into the middle with the cueball close to the corner pocket to win it, which I made a mess of leaving Don what I thought was going to be the end of match last two balls, however, he missed first bite on the black and left me a chance I should have done better with. That's snooker though, it can be a cruel mother at times.

All the best in the final fella.

james

« Reply #4 on: 11/03/13, 00:32 »
Hes not won it yet andy.

andy

« Reply #5 on: 11/03/13, 06:47 »
I know Don hasn't won the final,I was just saying well done to reaching the final as its the first time that most of the players from Mapperley have entered most of the competitions and one of us have manage to reach the final..good luck James in your semi final against Paul. :)