NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: The Spider Trophy (09/12/12)  (Read 2587 times)

Steve Butler

• Administrator
The Spider Trophy (09/12/12)
« on: 09/12/12, 23:20 »

Congratulations to John Fountain who defeated Troy Brett in the final of The Spider Trophy on Sunday evening.  Fountain went 2-0 down to the in-form Brett but he fought back, winning the third and fourth frames to force a decider.  Brett made a break of 46 in the decider to go 20 points clear with just the colours remaining.  Amazingly, Fountain then cleared the colours superbly to pinch the frame and secure the title.

The highest break of the day was a very nice 64 from Brett and he will receive a trophy for that, to go alongside his runners-up trophy.  Fountain will receive the beautiful Spider Trophy plus a trophy to keep.  All trophies will be presented at the Presentation Dinner which will be held in July or August 2013.

A huge thank you to everyone who made a charitable donation.  The collection tin had 63.02 in it when I got it home and I have rounded this up to 70 which will be donated to When You Wish Upon A Star.  This fabulous charity is always grateful for donations at this time of year.

A 'just for fun' plate tournament was also played and Dave Jobling defeated Steve Butler 2-1 in the final.  Jobling was in great form all day (which makes Joe Reynolds' 3-0 win in the last 16 of the main event all the more impressive) and he had breaks of 90 (clearance),90,60,60,58 and 37 during the plate tournament.  Unfortunately for him, these breaks don't count because it was 'just for fun' !

Don't forget that you can check out all the high breaks from every NBSA tournament HERE and you can view all tournaments in 'drawsheet' format HERE.

Well done to everyone who turned out for making it a great event.  A massive thank you to Lynn and the staff at Spot On for allowing us to use the facilities.  Lots of people commented on how nice the club was.

Our next event is a 6 reds tournament which will be held at BCI on 6th January (subject to agreement by Pete Trout).

Toby

Re: The Spider Trophy (09/12/12)
« Reply #1 on: 10/12/12, 12:40 »
As always a great day of snooker so thanks Steve and Spot On  :-*

wainwright2

« Reply #2 on: 10/12/12, 13:28 »
Thank you Steve for running the comp, pity I could not have stayed for the plate.

Thank you to Lynn and Spot On for providing the tables and a nice atmosphere.

Well done to young Joe on his amazing breaks  :-*

Paul

dwayne46

« Reply #3 on: 10/12/12, 13:38 »
I didn't see the donation pot, I'll chip in with another 10.  :)

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 10/12/12, 14:03 »
That's very good of you Dwayne.

Someone else who is extremely generous has also contacted me saying they would match the 70 we had already raised so with that and your tenner we can now give 150 to When You Wish Upon A Star!

:)

Mcenroe

« Reply #5 on: 10/12/12, 14:22 »
Thanks to all for the smooth organisation. It was my first competitive event as an individual since 1993 when I played in some handicap tournaments at Stapleford Cue Club and previously at the Friday night events at the Priory roundabout in 1991 (club long gone now). Given how much fun it was to have lots of match practice throughout the afternoon I am tempted to play again next weekend.  Well done Steve for such a professional job.  Looking forward to the next event.

JoeReynolds12

« Reply #6 on: 10/12/12, 16:57 »
Sorry Paul, but I can't take any credit for breaks because I didn't really get any.

Joe

8)

james

« Reply #7 on: 10/12/12, 17:05 »
Well done to JPF in what sounded like a good final.

Unlucky troy.

mr147

« Reply #8 on: 10/12/12, 17:45 »
Well played joe, its kind of good watching you play... excellent potting ability and one of the best cue actiions to go with that, very smooth and still ! keep it up !! :)

Well played john, took his chances well, so fully deserved the win.

Troy Brett

« Reply #9 on: 10/12/12, 21:54 »
Quality day, tables were all playing well, i had a good run to the final getting through some tricky matches, in the end lost a cracking final, one of the most enjoyable matches ive played ( and thats saying something seeing as i lost 3-2 from 2-0 up) first 2 frames i hardly missed a ball remember having a 48 in 2nd frame but had no luck going into pack of reds, but rather than letting it affect his performance John battled back and when his chances came took them in the next 2 frames. Decider could have gone either way, me struggling and John full of confidence, i was around 40 behind at one point, somehow strung a break together only to land dead straight on last red behind the black after going all round table off a thin pink, I drop the red in but miss the thin (ish) black which would have put me 27 ahead with 27 left,
Jon then sinks a long yellow and lands perfect on green, but faced tricky shot on pink which he could have easily twitched, but as soon as i heard the ball hit the leather i knew he wasnt going to miss the black even if he did have to clip it in using the rest.

Toby

« Reply #10 on: 11/12/12, 02:16 »
I also really enjoyed my match with JPF when he beat me 3-2 on the final pink i wanted him to win  ;D

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 11/12/12, 23:49 »
I nearly forgot.  For the benefit of those who played in the "Just For Fun" Plate: