NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: NBSA Pairs Snooker Championship (18/11/12)  (Read 1551 times)

Steve Butler

• Administrator
NBSA Pairs Snooker Championship (18/11/12)
« on: 18/11/12, 20:44 »

Congratulations to Keith Holgate & David Jobling who beat Nav Hussain & Wayne Martin in the final of the 2012/13 Pairs Snooker Championship at Spot On Bulwell on Sunday.

Barry Stark made the highest break of the day, a run of 59 which has earned him a trophy.  The winners and runners-up will also receive trophies.  All trophies will be presented at the NBSA Presentation Dinner 2013.

Steve Butler

• Administrator
Re: NBSA Pairs Snooker Championship (18/11/12)
« Reply #1 on: 18/11/12, 22:11 »
Sorry for the lack of a match report but it's difficult as I was playing in this one.

Our quarter-final against Paul & Sean is certainly one to forget.  The better pair definitely lost.  Sean started really well, making a 39 break in one of the first two frames (can't remember which).  Paul was also playing well and they deserved their 2-0 lead.  We were delighted to take the third frame and avoid the whitewash.  I think this was the one were Paul fluked a snooker and then he put me in again from the miss.  He will I am sure regret feeling sorry for me and not putting me in again because we ended up pinching the frame.

Once we avoided the whitewash we relaxed a little but we only just won the fourth.  Steve played well in the decider and I think he had a nice little 19 break from which Paul and Sean conceded.  I still don't know how we won that match!

We were outclassed in our semi-final against Dave and Keith.  We were 2-0 down in no time.  Again, we avoided a whitewash by pinching the third frame (I had a 34 clearance, well 27 actually because I went in-off the black).  It was soon all over though as our formidable opponents took the fourth frame to set up a quality final against Nav and Wayne.

I saw some of the final and the brown that Keith potted was amazing.  As was the pink that Dave potted.  They were worthy champions.

I would invite everyone to post a little bit about their matches as I didn't get to see any of them and I've no doubt there were some crackers.

Thanks to everyone who came and I hope you enjoyed the day.

wainwright2

Re: NBSA Pairs Snooker Championship (18/11/12)
« Reply #2 on: 19/11/12, 09:11 »
Thank you to Steve and Spot On Bulwell for a good days snooker.

I hope Seans shoul;der have recovered today after carrying me during our match yesterday. Sean playing really well in our match with Steve & Steve, having a good worked 39 break in frame (could have been more).

When going 2-0 and having chances in frame 3 to end the match, to lose 3-2 was gutting but shows you need to put the game to bed when you get that chance.

I think it was Sean who fluked a snooker in one frame and looking back I should have had Steve Butler replaced but felt considering the circumstances it was harsh to put him back (note to self don't make that mistake again lol)

All in all a very enjoyable day and I'm hoping to make the Spider Cup day.

Cheers

Paul