NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Notts Amateur: Manfred Corbin 0 - 3 Joe Reynolds  (Read 1487 times)

Joe Reynolds

First frame - good safety by both players. Joe coming on top with breaks of 34 and a 25 clearence.

Second frame - Joe winning the frame with the help of a 25 break.

Third frame - Joe winning the frame and having a 35 break missing a thin cut on the black.

Manfred potted some good balls but couldn't quite get into it. A very enjoyable game.

Unlucky Manfred, good luck in the rest of your competitions.

maqsood

Re: Notts Amateur: Manfred Corbin 0 - 3 Joe Reynolds
« Reply #1 on: 05/10/12, 22:23 »
Well played Joe, bad luck Manfred.
Don't worry though Manfred cause Christmas is not far away and little Joe will get you a nice present.

Bash

maqsood

« Reply #2 on: 06/10/12, 14:41 »
Will Joe Reynolds be the youngest notts amateur champion.

Joe be or not Joe be , that is the question.

Come on joey boy, you can do it.
Bash
Where is Sean Hopkin gone.

Manfred Corbin

Notts Amateur: Manfred Corbin 0 - 3 Joe Reynolds
« Reply #3 on: 06/10/12, 17:28 »

Not much to report except got beat by young lad who played a very good safety game I reckon will  give a few people a hard match he potted some good shots and took good advantage of my mistakes made a couple of flukes swell which put me in trouble each time but also made some good breaks well played Joe.

sixofclubs

« Reply #4 on: 06/10/12, 21:14 »
I was in the building waiting for a game and saw most of the three frames. Having played Joe before I knew Manfred was in for a tough night. Joe has a very well developed snooker brain for one so young and as his break building improves he will be a match for anyone in Notts.

I am looking forward to the day when he's on the telly and I can say, "I played him when he was 13 and he was good then"

(I can say the same about European Tour golfer Oliver Wilson who went on to play in the Ryder Cup - I played him in a scratch match at Oakmere Park, losing to him on the 18th - it turns out he was 12 years old that day (he did look a lot older!))

Anyway, if you get Joe in the draw, beware - the kid's gonna be good! In my eyes only two things will stop him making it - if he discovers girls and loses the desire, or he starts listening to all the pessimists who say he isn't good enough 'cos he hasn't had a 147 at age 9 like they all do in China these days...