NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Division 1: Top Spot 0-5 BCI E'lites (12/3/2012)  (Read 2242 times)

Cpt Kwok!

Team BCI E’lites travel to Top Spot and come away with a creditable 5-0 victory.

Young gun Sean Hopkin got the team off to a great start with a good win over Mick Walker, Hopkin with a nice constructed break  of 30 in his winning frame.  It was Moore of a tactical ding dong start to the frame over on the court two between Dave Milner and James Moore. With the reds opening up nicely, James frees the black nicely with his superb safety and gets the first bite off the cherry. James makes a small contribution but misses pink to the middle to leave dangerous Dave in around the black spot. Dave slots in a nice red but then rattles a pressure black, James now out the trap like a whippet making his chance count with a magnificent break of 70. It has to be said it was a superb well controlled and taken break of 70, rattling the last red for what looked like a century!!! Obviously Moore importantly taking the second frame for his captain!!! Ma’soon’ Soon made it 3-0 with a good win over Lee Esam. Cpt Kwok Yip took no prisoners with a military performance over Mr Bexon to make it 5-0

Hard luck team Top Spot, always a pleasure playing you guys and best of luck in the remaining league fixtures. Good night and God bless!!!

Well played team E’lites, Just like the egg heads doing what comes naturally Lol!!! A Superb creditable victory away to a tough Top Spot side!!!

Frame Scores
M Walker 43 – 66 (30) S Hopkin
D Milner 14 – 104 (70) J Moore
L Esam 36 – 64 Jon Mason
G Bexon 26 – 79 (25) Cpt K Yip  

Steve Butler

• Administrator
Re: Division 1: Top Spot 0-5 BCI E'lites (12/3/2012)
« Reply #1 on: 13/03/12, 01:34 »
Another very nice break from James I see.  That's his 26th recorded break of 40 or more in NBSA competitions this season.

Troy Brett is in line for the NBSA overall highest break trophy thanks to that superb 96 that he made in the Under 21 Championship.  Steve Judd won the trophy last year with a 123 break.

Is anyone going to make a century this season?

See HERE for the full list.

Kwok

« Reply #2 on: 13/03/12, 02:10 »
 ;)

rvwright@ntlworld.com

« Reply #3 on: 13/03/12, 11:09 »
All Hail the Champions!

No one can now catch the Elites in their quest for the title.

Well done Kwok and the Elites team.

andy

« Reply #4 on: 13/03/12, 11:51 »
Well done to the unstoppable Elites on another fine victory,another amazing break from James aswell who is playing better and better with every week as the season,I still think it was all the tips and help he got all those years ago at Mapperley when  he was just a youngster that helps him to play so well now for BCI..ha ha..

jamesmarcusmoore

« Reply #5 on: 13/03/12, 13:01 »
Cheers Steve and Andy. Yes Andy I learned alot in my early days at Mapperley. Was a very good club and still is with excellent facilities.

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 13/03/12, 14:51 »
No one can now catch the Elites in their quest for the title.

I hadn't realised the Elites couldn't be caught.  Congratulations to the team on a fine victory - hardly any frames dropped all season.  Very impressive!

wainwright2

« Reply #7 on: 13/03/12, 15:03 »
Congratulations to the Elites, a well earned and hard fought championship win. :-* :-*

Ledge77

« Reply #8 on: 13/03/12, 23:43 »
Well done to all the Elites for a brilliant Div 1 Championship well deserved :) :) :)

Kwok

« Reply #9 on: 14/03/12, 15:30 »
Thank you all very much guys!  8)

It has been another great season for team E’lites, an early and continuous consistency approach has paid off, allowing us to pull away from a very challenging league. Make no mistakes, it is a very competitive league and there are some very good strong dangerous teams in this great league. So much so there still is a great battle between 2nd place South East Derbyshire and a very close 3rd placed Oakleigh A side still battling hard for the runner up position, not to mention the teams further down the other end of the league table battling to stay out of relegation. So considering all this still to play for, I can only say Congratulations to my team that has given it 110% landing the great division one league title with a very impressive 5 matches to spare. Well done guys!!!

On a personal note I’m glad to see the traditional NNIA  league format staying the same, despite the umbrella now from the NBSA with the two leagues. It has been a very very good and successful format use in the league as long as I can remember, and enjoyed by many players teams and different clubs and divisions for years, so long may it continue. Well done to Mr Bob Wright!!!

The very best of luck to all the other teams in the league still battling hard for promotions or fighting relegations in both division one and two.