NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: 6 Red Rule Changes  (Read 1438 times)

Steve Butler

• Administrator
6 Red Rule Changes
« on: 11/05/11, 21:00 »
I emailed the following to all team captains earlier today. Please take note:

TO ALL TEAM CAPTAINS

I noticed last night that the official IBSF rules of 6 red snooker were amended in December 2010.  As you were all halfway through your matches at this point I thought it best that you continued under the old rules for last night only.  However, as from next week you should adopt the new rules.

The rule changes mainly relate to the options available after a foul.  The rules now read:

After any foul the incoming player has 3 options:

1   Play from where the balls have come to rest
2   Ask the opponent to play again from where the balls have come to rest
3   Play the cue ball from anywhere on the table, except when snookers are required

In addition, a new rule has been introduced which prevents the easy "roll up" to a colour after potting a red:

A player cannot snooker behind a nominated ball after potting a red.

You will note that the minimum 6 point foul rule has been scrapped and we revert to the normal penalties of the 15 red game.

The revised IBSF rules are attached to this email in PDF format.  The IBSF has very kindly highlighted the rule changes in red.  Please bring these rule changes to the attention of your players in readiness for your next match and watch out for anyone who mistakenly applies the old rules.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE REVISED SUPER LEAGUE RULES

james

Re: 6 Red Rule Changes
« Reply #1 on: 11/05/11, 23:48 »
Well im unsure on the you cant roll up behind a nominated colour rule, sounds a daft to me, ive potted a cracking long red (shot to nothing back to baulk) not landed on a colour im sure most players would be rolling up to the yellow green or brown. though i guess it one of the rules where it forcing you to take a pot on or even a agresive safty.

However i now do have to say, im sure if theese rule changes were noticed earlier there might of been quite a few different scorelines last night :question: not making escuses for my lot defeat but i know most theese new rules would of had huge bearings on our match.

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 12/05/11, 11:13 »
Well im unsure on the you cant roll up behind a nominated colour rule, sounds a daft to me

They had to introduce that rule because of the other rule where the white can go anywhere on the table after a foul.

You can still play off a colour to put the white behind another one, eg. flick off the yellow and put the white behind the brown.  A bit more skillful than the simple role up but equally effective.

waynem

« Reply #3 on: 12/05/11, 11:16 »
Next week is going to be fun  :laugh:

michael salmon

« Reply #4 on: 12/05/11, 11:51 »
biggest load of shit iv herd in my life these rules r just get the pool balls out waste of time n money :angry: