NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: 6 RED INFO  (Read 3149 times)

Toby Irons

6 RED INFO
« on: 19/03/11, 12:04 »
Hi mike have you any idea about what date and format this coming season will bring?

Steve Butler

• Administrator
Re: 6 RED INFO
« Reply #1 on: 19/03/11, 14:10 »
I'll be publishing the info for this summer's 6 red league very soon.

This season there will be a no-pay no-play ruling.  The closing date for entries will be Tuesday 26th April by which time I must receive all 15 entry fees.  Only teams that have paid their entry fee by 26th April will be allowed to enter.  There will be no exceptions to this.  A team of 3 will only have to pay a fiver each for the season so it's not much to ask.

The season will start on Tuesday 10th May.

Divisions will be decided once all entries are in as this will depend on the number of entries.  People didn't seem to grasp that there were no divisions last season (just 2 groups with the top two in each group contesting the play-offs) so we may revert back to traditional divisions based on ability so that people don't get confused.

There will once again be a Clarry Cup competition.  I would like to make this a different format to the league so if anyone has any suggestions for the cup format please let me know.

Regarding entry fees, I am happy to increase the entry fee so that more/better quality trophies can be purchased if that's what people want.  All feedback greatfully received.

NickM

« Reply #2 on: 27/04/11, 21:25 »
A suggestion for the Clary Cup Competition format:

How about 3 singles matches and 3 pairs matches in the event of 3-3 highest break from any of the matches will determine the outcome.

If there are enough entrants could we have a plate as well with the same format?

sean croft

« Reply #3 on: 28/04/11, 02:36 »
Hi all just want to tel you all that you are all going to love playing against us (Spot On Bulldogs) this summer because we have great tables respectable pockets and to top it of with (brand new) professional tournament aramith balls, oh yes your gonna rock ya socks of!

Were just in it to win it this season i cant wait to see who we get first match good look. ;)

Steve: I'm happy with the division format i prefer it more than the group's its nice to work your way up a division and then get ya @#!* kicked back down a division its all the fun of it!

May i suggest a 3x men 2x frames each =6 frames and one doubles Frame to decide who wins the match
& maybe if teams want better trophys im sure they can just give you the extra cost mate.

Cheers all Sean Croft
     :drink:

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 28/04/11, 11:24 »

The entry deadline has now passed and I have received payment from the following 11 teams:

DIVISION 1
Pegasus Predators (Wayne Martin)
6 Red-Bulls (Jamie Sampson)
BCI Super Giants (Kwok Yip)
The Bee Gees (Wayne Bilbie)
BCI Bandits (Paul Bradley)
BCI Braves (Toby Irons)

DIVISION 2
Pegasus Panthers (Steve Booth)
Spot On Bulldogs (James Robinson)
Sherwood ..... (Bo Murtagh)
Oakleigh Daft Lads (Ryan Cooper)
Gotham Lions (Steve Howard)

I will accept a late entry from ONE team who will make up the 6th team in division 2 so that there are no blank weeks.  The first team to get 15 to me by Sunday 1st May secures this place.  Otherwise we will run with 5 teams in division 2.

Any more suggestions for the Clarry Cup format greatly received.

Toby Irons

« Reply #5 on: 28/04/11, 22:12 »
I dont think Braves should be in div 2, as 2 seasons ago we won div 2 then last season you changed it to groups a and b and we got stuck in group b now its back to divisions we are getting stuffed in div 2 again very unfair we deserved our div 1 spot!!

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 29/04/11, 00:27 »
I dont think Braves should be in div 2, as 2 seasons ago we won div 2 then last season you changed it to groups a and b and we got stuck in group b now its back to divisions we are getting stuffed in div 2 again very unfair we deserved our div 1 spot!!

You're right, I'm wrong, I've changed it.  Good luck!

:thumbup:

PS. HERE is last season.  Take a look at what group you were in.  Also take a look at how many teams scored less points than you.  Clearly you deserve your division 1 spot.  I love running these leagues!

:laugh:

Toby Irons

« Reply #7 on: 29/04/11, 16:14 »
Lol yeah we got hammered in groups last season but we loved it all the same and are looking forward to doing better this season
thanks Steve, is it going to be break points again?

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 01/05/11, 21:21 »
The spare place in division two has now been filled by Nick Heard's Embankment Eagles.  The divisions will be:

DIVISION 1
Pegasus Predators (Wayne Martin)
6 Red-Bulls (Jamie Sampson)
BCI Super Giants (Kwok Yip)
The Bee Gees (Wayne Bilbie)
BCI Bandits (Paul Bradley)
BCI Braves (Toby Irons)

DIVISION 2
Pegasus Panthers (Steve Booth)
Spot On Bulldogs (James Robinson)
Sherwood ..... (Bo Murtagh)
Oakleigh Daft Lads (Ryan Cooper)
Gotham Lions (Steve Howard)
Embankment Eagles (Nick Heard)

Fixtures will be drawn up this week and emailed out to all captains.

:england:

mr147

« Reply #9 on: 03/05/11, 15:17 »
It would be interested to see which players each team has..... well this is for the predetors:

Wayne Martin, Chris Brooks, Nav Hussain, Hanzla Zahid.

Unfortunately Danny Casto decided to depart and join alliance with Jamie Sampson and co.... which makes it even more interesting as each side will have a balanced and strong side. This year will be better in terms of the teams competing rather then 2 teams fighting for the title.

maqsood

« Reply #10 on: 03/05/11, 23:11 »
that really is an awesome team - just would like to say that can Humza's immigration status be checked as someone told he comes from  near Abbotsabad, northern Pakistan.

Here a picture of the bin laden compound during a training break:

as you can see the players are not showing their faces.

Bash

maqsood

« Reply #11 on: 03/05/11, 23:19 »
sorry, here it is

i think they are a bit cold , Nav is the one with his arms folded in the brown clothes.

Bash

Kwok

« Reply #12 on: 04/05/11, 01:58 »
Great Picture Bash!!!

They will have to be a good standard playing winner stays on Lol  :laugh: :laugh: