NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Tom Walters - fixtures & results  (Read 6009 times)

NS Admin

• Administrator
Tom Walters - fixtures & results
« on: 19/09/10, 09:58 »
Premier B                  
   Date      Home/Away      Opponent   
   30/09/2010      H      D Castel-Nuovo   
   14/10/2010      A      R Walker   
   28/10/2010      H      D Di Folco   
   11/11/2010      A      Z Ahmed   
   25/11/2010      H      W Bilbie   
   09/12/2010      A      J Turner   
   06/01/2011      H      N Elliott   
   20/01/2011      A      D Castel-Nuovo   
   03/02/2011      H      R Walker   
   17/02/2011      A      D Di Folco   
   03/03/2011      H      Z Ahmed   
   17/03/2011      A      W Bilbie   
   31/03/2011      H      J Turner   
   14/04/2011      A      N Elliott   

NBSA player handicaps                  
Premier division players will all play off scratch regardless of their NBSA handicap.                  
Players in all other divisions will use their official NBSA handicap during matches.                  
The full list of NBSA official player handicaps for 2010/11 can be found HERE.  Anyone wishing to enter this competition who does not hold an official NBSA handicap should request one from Steve Butler by telephone 07917 567295 or by email mail@nottinghamsnooker.com                  

Rules                  
The competition will be played in accordance with the official rules of snooker as published by the WPBSA and IBSF.  The miss rule will be played unless both players elect not to play it.                  

Match duration                  
All matches will be 4 frames in length and all 4 frames must be played.  2 points will be awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw.                  

Match venue                  
Matches will be played at any venue of the home player’s choosing within the Nottinghamshire county boundary or with an NG postcode.  It is the responsibility of the home player to ensure that a table is booked in advance of the match and that his opponent is made aware of the match venue.  The home player will pay table costs.                  

Arranging matches                  
All matches shall commence at 8pm on Thursday evenings.  Should any player not be able to play his fixture at 8pm on the Thursday evening he should ensure he contacts his opponent no later than 8pm the day before (Wednesday) and both players should agree a new date to play the match asap.                  

Matches to be played within 2 weeks                  
If for whatever reason a match is unable to be played within 2 weeks of the published fixture date, the HOME PLAYER must contact Mike Langdon immediately.  Mike will then set a new deadline for the match to be played.  Should the match not be played by this deadline date, the NBSA Committee will award the match 4-0 to the non-defaulting player and the defaulting player will incur a 2 point penalty.                  

Forfeiture of match                  
Failure to turn up to a fixture without giving the opponent 24 hours notice will result in a 4-0 walkover and the deduction of 2 points.                  

Submitting results                  
The HOME PLAYER must notify Steve Butler of the result so that he can update the website.  Steve can be contacted by phone on 07917 567295 or by email at mail@nottinghamsnooker.com                  

THE EASY WAY - REPLY TO THIS THREAD TO SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS!                  

All other queries should be addressed to Mike Langdon by phone on 07584 323096 or by email at michaelandanna@live.co.uk                   

Tom W

Re: Tom Walters - fixtures & results
« Reply #1 on: 30/09/10, 19:17 »
Tom Walters 3 -Danny Castel Nouvo 1. Played at Beeston.

Tom W

« Reply #2 on: 14/10/10, 23:24 »
Bob Walker 2 - Tom Walters 2. Played In Carlton
 First 2 frames were beyond ugly by me, I lost easily as bob made a few 20-30 odds and I missed every pot possible.
 3rd frame I was still missing everything and found myself about 20 odd behind with a red left, somehow I managed to clear to the pink to snatch it.
 4th frame I continued playing like id had 96 pints and was quickly 20 odd behind again, I made a very scruffy 34 break to put me around 20 ahead with the green left. After a few minutes of safety and fouls by both players I got another chance to seal the frame and potted the required balls to scrape a 2 all draw.
 Unlucky Bob you played much better and probably should of won 4-0, I hope I never play like that again lol.
 Sure we'll have a better game next time.

Tom W

« Reply #3 on: 28/10/10, 23:28 »
Tom Walters 4, Danny Di Folco 0.
 Played at Beeston.

Tom W

« Reply #4 on: 12/11/10, 20:05 »
 Tom Walters 2 Zeb Ahmed 2. Played at pegasus.
 Both had our fair share of chances and both missed a few crucial ones. Fair result I think. Good game.

Qboyhoward

« Reply #5 on: 14/11/10, 04:48 »
Hi Tom,
I've never heard of a 'Scruffy 34 break' b4 . . .lol!!  :laugh:
What a way with words you have my good friend. . .
How you gettin' on with my old cue? . . .

:thumbup:

Tom W

« Reply #6 on: 26/11/10, 12:02 »
Tom Walters vs Wayne Bilbie, Played at Beeston.
 Tom won 3 frames to 1 and had runs of 76,50,46 and 40.  Wayne never really got going but did make a decent break in the final frame to go 35 ahead, I then replied with a 50 but Wayne took the frame on the colours. Always good to play Wayne, maybe because I usually play well ;)

Ps, Yes Steve my cue is very nice, feels brill to play with:) We need to sort our doubles match out soon mate, ie very soon too before the cut off.

Tom W

« Reply #7 on: 26/11/10, 22:07 »
Singles Championship.
 Tom Walters 3 Zeb Ahmed 1.
 A good match as it always is with Zeb, both had our fair share of fortune and misfortune but I came out a 3-1 winner after being 2-0 up.
 I knocked in a 61 which again shoulda been more but got a kick on the black which left me on the cushion and awkward positioning for the next colour. Also had a run of 34. :)

seansnooker

« Reply #8 on: 26/11/10, 22:34 »
Very well done Tom!!!! It looks like your playing well at the moment banging these breaks in from all sorts of directions, keep it up mate!!
;) ;)

Tom W

« Reply #9 on: 10/12/10, 15:36 »
Tom Walters 3 Jason Turner 1. Played at Oakleigh Lodge.
 Tom had a 56 and a couple of 30's.

Tom W

« Reply #10 on: 07/01/11, 12:27 »
Tom Walters 4 vs Neil Elliott 0 (Singles league) Played at Beeston.
 Only notable break a 77 from Tom.

Tom W

« Reply #11 on: 21/01/11, 00:50 »
Tom Walters 2 Danny Castel Nuovo 2, Played at Pegasus.
 A fairly close match with a fair result, no big breaks but some decent safety play and solid potting. Tom had a chance to win 3-1...was 39 behind with 43 on, managed to make a couple of v good pots to take both reds with a pink and blue, only to miss and easy green with the rest of the colours for the taking. Ah well:) Enjoyable game though.

Tom W

« Reply #12 on: 05/02/11, 22:23 »
Played at Beeston, tbl 9.
 Tom Walters 3 Bob Walker 1.

james

« Reply #13 on: 06/02/11, 01:01 »
Good win tom, i know bob can be a good palyer on his day.

Looking forward to playing you in our match ill be in touch in due course.

Tom W

« Reply #14 on: 25/02/11, 10:36 »
Venue, Carlton Liberal.
 Tom Walters 3 Danny Di Folco 1.
 Breaks, Tom 53,40,37,31. Danny 37,36.

Tom W

« Reply #15 on: 27/02/11, 18:26 »
Notts Amateur. Venue, Newark Cue Club.
 Dave Jobling 3 Tom Walters 1.
 Tom took the first frame with a 40 break. 2nd frame Tom potted a good long red only to go in off and then watch Dave make a nice 65. 3rd frame Dave got in first and made it count with a 47 break.4th frame started off the same as the last as Dave made a 46 break I think.Tom had a slight chance when 60 behind with 67 remaining until having a kick with 35 remaining and missing the colour afterwards. Was a good game, not too disappointed as I didn't play bad and only missed a couple, Dave took his chances when they came so well done.

maqsood

« Reply #16 on: 28/02/11, 22:59 »
Bad luck Tom - Dave is a very, very hard match player to beat. Even when he's on an off day, his "b" game is still good enough to beat most players. It probably is more disappointing because it sound like you made just a couple of mistakes (or should i say bad luck) and he punished you heavily for it. Well done dave on getting through and bad luck Tom.

Bash

jamesmarcusmoore

« Reply #17 on: 01/03/11, 00:02 »
Bad luck Tom and well done Dave....always going to be a tough match between two high calibre players....probably home advantage was the deciding factor?....

james

« Reply #18 on: 01/03/11, 01:07 »
Hard luck tom.

Looking forward to our match on friday, hopfully i can heap some more missary on you  :laugh: :laugh:, though in all honesty i hope we both play well and have a good match.

Tom W

« Reply #19 on: 01/03/11, 15:29 »
It wasn't the deciding factor but was definately to his advantage, especially after playing on the slow phoenix table all day the previous day. We both cued well, he just got a couple more chances and took them and I had to just field.

Tom W

« Reply #20 on: 11/03/11, 00:40 »
Singles League.
 Tom Walters 4 Zeb Ahmed 0.
  First frame Tom sealed the frame with a 54 break. 2nd frame Zeb got 27 ahead but Tom stole it at the end with a 38 break I think. 3rd frame was a close affair, Tom getting in with an early 30 but Zeb pulling it back. Tom taking it on the colours. 4th frame Zeb got ahead early with some outrageous pots, all nothing attitude I think. He was 32 ahead with 43 left and left Tom a small chance with some trickily positioned balls, Tom made a nice clearance to the black (33) only to leave himself too close to it and having to play safe, Zeb goes for the treble but leaves it over the bag for Tom to pot.

Tom W

« Reply #21 on: 18/03/11, 13:39 »
Played at Sherwood.
 Tom Walters 4 Wayne Bilbie 0.
 Tom made a 40 and a couple of 30 odds.

MikeL

« Reply #22 on: 18/03/11, 13:49 »
Well played Tom. Premier B has been a tough old division but you've swaggered through it like the Premier A player you now are.

Well done mate

Mike

Tom W

« Reply #23 on: 18/03/11, 13:51 »
Cheers Mike :) Looking forward to next seasons league.

maqsood

« Reply #24 on: 18/03/11, 14:19 »
Hi tom, try and get some of the other lads from beeston to join in the premier A. The tougher competition will be good for everyones benefit. Plus I'm running out of people to take the piss out of.

Bash

maqsood

« Reply #25 on: 18/03/11, 14:28 »
Oh blimy, deering bilbie you needing trip to snooker doctor. I making appointment for you. Dr Ali Ali akbar rafsanjani bin mujaheedeen is very, very good with snooker players. Thousand apology.

Ali

Tom W

« Reply #26 on: 18/03/11, 17:59 »
I'll try Bash.. Clint isn't likely though as he puts pool before snooker and most of the rest put booze before ;)

maqsood

« Reply #27 on: 18/03/11, 18:11 »
It will be great if they could make it. Too much drinking is not good for the mind, Look what's happened to me - I gone doo dally

Bash

Tom W

« Reply #28 on: 18/03/11, 19:36 »
Your probably right..having said that...Im off out to get smashed.

Tom W

« Reply #29 on: 22/04/11, 11:18 »
Venue BCI.
 Tom Walters 3 Neil Elliot 1.

tobysimpsonsnooker

« Reply #30 on: 22/04/11, 11:32 »
Well done Tom  ;)  :welldone:

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: 22/04/11, 11:33 »
Yes, well done. Another good win!

Have you played Jason Turner yet?

Tom W

« Reply #32 on: 22/04/11, 11:44 »
No Steve, I arranged it for the second time and he cancelled. I gave him extra time because I wanted to play rather than claim it.

Steve Butler

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 22/04/11, 13:00 »
If you decide to claim it, let me know!

:thx: