NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Division 2: Spot On Reds 5-3 Spot On Bears  (Read 1396 times)

Robert Garratt

Division 2: Spot On Reds 5-3 Spot On Bears
« on: 19/03/16, 19:18 »
Frame Scores
Rob Garratt   O-1   Glenn Price
Rob Garratt   1-O   Glenn Price
Gary Villiers   1-O   Rob Lord
Gary Villiers   O-1   Rob Lord
David Casey   1-O   Dan Norton
David Casey   1-O   Dan Norton
Mick Garratt   1-O   Piotr Machon
Mick Garratt   O-1   Piotr Machon

Match Report

casey780

Re: Division 2: Spot On Reds 5-3 Spot On Bears
« Reply #1 on: 19/03/16, 19:53 »
I got a 38 aswell your not that good on match reports are you

rvwright@ntlworld.com

« Reply #2 on: 19/03/16, 22:09 »
He's not good at match reports, and your English language and punctuation are appalling.

It should read :- I made a 38 break as well. ( There is no such word as aswell) You are not good as writing match reports, are you?

This just shows how poor the English language and punctuation as become since texting as taken over from proper writing.

casey780

« Reply #3 on: 20/03/16, 06:40 »
Sarcasm try it sometime! My captain knows I'm messing around this is why this group is to serious can't have a laugh now and then! Oh and well done team we are the champions!

rvwright@ntlworld.com

« Reply #4 on: 20/03/16, 20:59 »
Was not being sarcastic! Just very observant. Please go to 2012 Match reports and Weekly reports in the forum pages and see how it's done?

Congratulations on becoming champions. Hope you enjoy the top division.

Dan Norton

« Reply #5 on: 21/03/16, 12:43 »
Rob, about that foul you called on me.

Free Ball

Can anyone answer the following. It cropped up recently in a game and caused quite a bit of controversy:
All the reds have been potted and just the colours are left and a free ball to be taken. There is the yellow ball over a pocket and the green ball next to it. The green ball is nominated for the free ball. The green ball is hit and knocks the yellow ball in. Is this 2 points or a foul?

Quick answer: fair stroke, 2 points, yellow stays in pocket, green is now the ball on.

If that is all you want/need, stop reading. If your interest is deeper, read on.
https://www.snookerisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5821

Interesting situations could occur if somehow both the free ball and the real ball "on" are potted. If a colour was the ball on (all reds were potted), and both the free ball and the actual ball on are potted, only the ball on is scored. The free ball is respotted while the actual ball on will stay off the table. This is the only time while attempting to pot a colour that two balls can be pocketed without a foul occurring, because technically speaking both of the potted balls are on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_snooker

If both of the balls are classed as on in a free ball situation, then my plant using a nominated colour was a legal shot.

Robert Garratt

« Reply #6 on: 21/03/16, 15:12 »
Like I said dan if I am proved to be wrong I will hold my
Hands up but I didn't know the rules as it's never happened to me or seen it
And if I'm in doubt I got to call foul over not doing so sorry if it cost you the frame even mr Paul wainwright wasn't sure lol so if he doesn't know I certainly won't

Petre Machon

« Reply #7 on: 21/03/16, 18:06 »
we should play again this match

casey780

« Reply #8 on: 21/03/16, 18:47 »
Want a rematch no probs

alancun

« Reply #9 on: 23/03/16, 19:21 »
If all the reds have been potted and the yellow is the 'next in line' then THAT is the ball 'on'.
If the ball 'on' cannot be struck on both extreme sides then a 'free ball' situation arises.
Any 'nominated ball' then becomes the ball 'on'.
Even if the black was nominated (that would become the 'yellow') and if it was to be played onto the yellow knocking it in AND following it in, then it would still only be 2 points scored - the yellow remaining in the pocket, the black being respotted in its official position.