NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Junior Hcp: Paul Wainwright 4-3 Gary Villiers  (Read 1579 times)

James Robinson

A very tight close tense final going all the way to the final few balls, in a very late finish at Sneinton.

Frame 1 a scrappy start from the off while both players tried to find there range and the pace of the table, nothing between them all the way through until Paul stepped in with a 22 clearance to clinch the frame. 69-30

Frame 2 A comical frame at the end Paul opening a good lead with a 21 break, Gary then responded  with a 25 break to put him about 10 points behind, Gary then potted green brown blue to go 5 points in front. The comical moment is that with 13 remaining and only 5 points behind and quite clearly not looking at the score board  Paul conceded the frame as he thought he was 20 behind. 50-55

Frame 3 Paul came flying out the traps again in this one with another 21 break which opened him a good 30+ point lead Gary fought back  but found it uphill struggle, Paul held on for a easy win.61-40

Frame 4 Gary this time out the traps quicker with a 28 break, Paul struggled in this frame as gary's long potting was some thing most professionals would of been proud of Gary winning this frame very easily. 23-77

Frame 5 A tight close frame a few mistakes creeping in from both players as both knew it was a crucial frame to win, it was Gary though that held his nerve the most to win. 47-61

Frame 6 Paul with his back to the wall now knew he had to play a cagey frame if he was stand a chance of winning and played the perfect frame potted what he could and ran safe when needed, Gary was showing signs of nerves with the winning post in sight as he reliable long potting went a stray. Paul winning this with ease. 63-30

Frame 7 by far the closest most nail biting frame of the night, both players cancelled each other out Gary opening a 20 point lead Paul came back, Paul then opened a small lead Gary then came back  this frame was going all the way pretty much. it was Gary though that had 1st chance to win the match with yellow green brown blue all in and around the yellow pocket and all potable, Gary pots yellow and green but misses the brown letting Paul in to take brown and blue but he couldn't get enough screw on the blue using the rest to get anywhere near the pink leaving a long thin cut to the corner which he missed. Gary then had a shot at the pink which he over cut Paul now back with a long pot on the pink another miss Gary again tried his luck again another miss. Paul then back in with another long shot at the pink a couple of deep breaths and its in for frame and match. 69-59

A massive well played to both players for a thrilling final.

Unlucky Gary you played well and your potting as I said was something special at times maybe just your inexperience came through towards the end.

Well played to Paul who certainly showed his experience when it mattered.

Also thanks to Sneinton for the use of the fantastic table.

Last but not least thanks to me for playing referee and for typing rather splendid match report.  

rvwright@ntlworld.com

Re: Junior Hcp: Paul Wainwright 4-3 Gary Villiers
« Reply #1 on: 28/02/16, 07:51 »
Wow! yes a terrific match report James, and not a spelling mistake as far as i can see.

Well done Paul in what sounds like a superb match. Bad luck Gary! There's always next year. Seems i had it correct. If you look back at the draws 1 of my tips was Paul.

casey780

« Reply #2 on: 28/02/16, 10:32 »
The table was in perfect condition last night ran well and pace was bang on! Both players played well and any time you need sneinton as a venue I will make sure table is ready! The ref needed a bang on the head last night though haha didn't put that in his report haha!! And what was yours tips rob

rvwright@ntlworld.com

« Reply #3 on: 28/02/16, 11:01 »
After the quarter final draw I wrote "and what out for Paul Wainwright too"

rvwright@ntlworld.com

« Reply #4 on: 28/02/16, 11:10 »
that should be watch out for Paul Wainwright

wainwright2

« Reply #5 on: 28/02/16, 11:39 »
Thank you to James for refereeing although took him a frame to settle  8)

Thank you to Spot On Sneinton Julian & Lynn for letting us host the final on the superb table 8, it ran beautifully, Cheers Case for preparing the table and providing waiter service through out the match.

Gary played awesome at times and the scores don't reflect how close the frames were, I'm sure Gary will win tournaments soon.

You were right Bob, you had more faith in me than I did  :D

james

« Reply #6 on: 28/02/16, 12:48 »
All the top refs make mistakes as well. Its not an easy job being a ref.

Luckily I did correct my self on the occasions I did.

Malc.Belshaw

« Reply #7 on: 28/02/16, 13:15 »
 It's nights like these ( and reports ) that help keep NottinghamSnooker as popular as it is, long may it continue. Congratulations to all involved.
Malc