NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: The Clarry Cup (01/03/15)  (Read 3270 times)

NBSA

• Administrator
The Clarry Cup (01/03/15)
« on: 01/03/15, 20:55 »

Congratulations to Jamie Moore who defeated Ant Moore (no relation) 2-1 in the final of the Clarry Cup on Sunday evening.  It was a close, high quality final and Ant, having taken a 1-0 lead in the match, could and perhaps should have won, but for a rush of blood to the head on what was arguably frame ball blue.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL RESULTS.

A slightly lower turnout for this event with 25 runners but this meant that the final ball was potted at 6.15pm and everyone was home nice and early.

Honourable mentions to:

Piotr Machon and Gary Villiers, both +28 handicappers, and both reaching the quarter-finals.
Gavin Shirley for making the semi-finals (only losing on a respotted black in the deciding frame) in his first Notts tournament for quite a while.
Sean Croft's daughter for having to watch her Dad lose out on a place in the quarter-finals by the narrowest of margins.
Manfred Corbin who, I'm told, played very well.
Adam Clift who played some excellent snooker on his NBSA debut.

Jamie Moore also made the day's highest break of 95, which I believe was a clearance.

The next tournament is strictly for players under 25 (if you're 25 you're too old!).  It will be held on 29th March 2015 at Spot On Cue Sports, Sneinton.

A huge thanks to Julian, Lynn and all of the staff at Spot On Cue Sports for their hospitality.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL RESULTS.

Report by Steve Butler (TD)
NBSA Committee

jamesmarcusmoore

Re: The Clarry Cup (01/03/15)
« Reply #1 on: 01/03/15, 23:01 »
Cheers Steve. A great day again. Was highly delighted to win and qualify for the Champions of Champions finals:) I have never won so many frames as I did today from 40 and 50 behind which was very pleasing. Hard lines to Ant who played very well in the final and was a very unlucky loser and I am certain you will win one very soon after so many consistent performances getting to the nitty gritty of most of the tournaments.Well done to Steve for his excellent organisation the day went along very well.