NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Intermediate Hcp: Ross Wilkin 2-3 Fred Mulheron  (Read 751 times)

Ross Wilkin

The first 4 frames of this match couldn't be more equal really, with the frame score "see-sawing" back and forth. 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2. We were both potting pretty well but really struggling with position. Generally low scoring and often finding ourselves on level points.
Fred really clicked into a higher gear in the final frame though, getting a well put together 29, only to send a red in the pocket while potting a difficult black! Bad luck doesn't cover it! This gave me a glint of optimism despite needing 2 snookers coming to the final colours. I'm getting a little better at laying snookers and managed to get these while also potting yellow green and brown. I still had a chance to force a re-spotted black for the match! Fred was still in his higher gear though and potted a great long blue and took the match a few shots later.
A match played in the best of spirits and despite low scoring, I think an audience would've enjoyed that last frame!
Good luck in the next round Fred and maybe see you and Paul in the County Cup.