NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Intermediate Hcp: Manfred Corbin 2-3 Mike Langdon  (Read 854 times)

Mike Langdon

Cracking match tonight at the Embankment.

Frame 1: Manfred should have won the opener after I rattled frame ball pink and could only watch on as it rolled across the cushion over the opposite bag. Manfred pots pink and gets good position on the black but misses. Much relieved to win that one.

Frame 2: I play probably my best frame of snooker this season making a 35 break from the off and never looking back. 2-0 and Manfred's not at the races.

Frame 3: A very scrappy encounter which came at a good time for Manfred who was able to finally get a foothold in the match. Very close on the colours but Manfred takes them well to pull a frame back.

Frame 4: what a turnaround...Manfred is knocking them in for fun now and before I know it we're back to level and going into a decider.

Frame 5: Much like frame 3 except this time I'm the one who's relieved to see a low scoring table especially having a useful 20 odd point lead to defend.  I was really pleased with how I controlled this frame with good safety and snookers.  At one stage Manfred threatened getting my lead down to just 8 points but a couple of well played snookers won me the frame really and it was then just a case of picking the remaining balls off.

Tough match but very enjoyable. Phew!!!