NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Intermediate A: Tim Kirk 2-2 Terry Sutcliffe  (Read 938 times)

Tim Kirk

1. Tim 36 - 47 Terry
2. Tim 47 - 55 Terry
3. Tim 69 - 46 Terry
4. Tim 51 - 6   Terry

Snooker like Football is obviously a game of two halves !

Frame 1 was nip and tuck until Terry knocked in the big colours at the end to take the frame.
Frame 2 i was ahead for most of the time and a moment of indecision cost me dearly . i was 10 in front with the last 4 colours left , the brown was very adjacent to the top right pocket but the white was virtually touching it ,Terry went for a microscopic clip and completely missed it but left the white behind the black , neither the blue or pink were easily potable so i put Terry back in, knowing that if he missed i would be 18 in front with brown over the bag...bad decision !! Terry played a great escape flicking the brown into the pocket ,he missed the blue but knocked the pink over another pocket , i could'nt pot the blue and Terry mopped up to pinch the frame .
Frame 3 started as frame 2 but this time i potted the easy stuff and ran for the hills and had some luck too .
Frame 4 Terry could'nt get going at all whilst i potted more easy stuff and tucked him up whenever i could ( sometimes on purpose !!)
An enjoyable match against Terry ,a great guy with a spot on temperament for snooker .. i don't know how he keeps the frustration at bay.. maybe he was a trappist monk in another life !!
Thanks for the game Terry , good luck for what's left to play .

Tim

Sooty74

Re: Intermediate A: Tim Kirk 2-2 Terry Sutcliffe
« Reply #1 on: 30/06/14, 13:16 »
You were definitely the Mapperley Muppet for two frames but then came the Westdale Wizzard to tie the match!

Enjoyable venue you have once I found it Tim, it was good to meet you and play our match, even with spectators at times too!

Best of luck closing out the summer season, maybe see you in the winter leagues, unless we pass as I plunge to div 5 and you up to div 4???