NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Premier B: Tony Morgan 4 - 0 Clint Broome  (Read 1381 times)

Tony Morgan

Premier B: Tony Morgan 4 - 0 Clint Broome
« on: 19/06/14, 21:59 »

Wasn't looking forward to playing this match tonight with there being a big game somewhere else (no idea what it was) & was expecting the Towers to be packed. But surprisingly it was extremely quiet & at 1 stage there was only me & Clint playing snooker or pool.
The match itself was a little cagey from both players at 1st whilst trying to get used to be a very fast playing match table. Tony winning the 1st 2 frames with Clint needing snookers going into the latter stage of the frames. In the 3rd, I pulled some 40 points clear & Clint relaxed & got his arm going & suddenly I found myself only a few points in front. I had to switch on again & managed to win the frame on the colours. 4th frame started the same way as the 3rd with Clint taking an early lead this time. I managed to pull it back & leave Clint needing 2 snookers on the pink. Clint got 1 of the snookers but then left the pink over the bottom corner pocket. I potted it to win the watch. This sealed another 4-0 victory & win the league without dropping a frame. Thanks for a hard fought battle Clint & good luck with your remaining matches. Glad to hear your back is better too.

casey780

Re: Premier B: Tony Morgan 4 - 0 Clint Broome
« Reply #1 on: 20/06/14, 15:31 »
Tony Morgan making history! Well done mate on winning this league already but still got the business end of it to finish now haha!

mogsy

Re: Premier B: Tony Morgan 4 - 0 Clint Broome
« Reply #2 on: 22/06/14, 23:10 »
Cheers David, it's nice to win any league but to win without dropping a frame is a bit nicer tbh. I had to play my matches in July early because I'm off to Nepal working next week for a few weeks then I'm home for 7-8 days before going to Tanzania til mid/late August. Tbh, not sure what'll happen in August if I'll have time to play any more singles matches but will definitely try to get them played. I've spoken to Paul Wainwright & put him in the picture.
With regards to making history. Lol. I'll wait to hear from the NBSA about that 😀