NBSA Season 2015-16

NBSA Season 2014-15

NBSA Season 2013-14

NBSA Season 2012-13

Important Message

This website is now only a read only archive of Nottingham Snooker results, photos and videos.  Detailed results are available from season 2007/08 to the end of the winter season 2015/16.  For fixtures, results etc. for the summer 2016 season onwards, please visit the new NBSA website.

To visit the new NBSA website, click on the link below:

http://nbsa.org.uk/index.php

You should be able to log in to the new website using your username and password from this site.

Author Topic: Intermediate A: Ross Wilkin 1-3 Tamas Vagvolgyi  (Read 1078 times)

Ross Wilkin

Not a great quality match but we both enjoyed it. Scrappy close first frame, until Tamas potted a really difficult frame ball green. The real turning point was towards the end of frame 2. Tamas was ahead again, but I was pleased to get a difficult 24 from the last 2 reds upto the pink. I missed a thin cut on the black later, then Tamas secured at least a draw in the match. I kept on struggling after this and somehow managed to pinch the last to avoid a whitewash. My long game from the start was down to 30 or 40% and Tamas made a few 1 or 2 colour breaks off these misses. I guess it shows how risky it is when I don't get my usual opening long reds! I'm not sure of Tamas' usual level as he's new to the league but he said he was making almost as many mistakes as me. Well played matey, at least I guessed your nationality wrong from your cue case colours so we didn't have to argue about Saturday night's footy! Always a pleasure to invite a new player into our league, hope you continue to enjoy it!

HungarianHitman

Re: Intermediate A: Ross Wilkin 1-3 Tamas Vagvolgyi
« Reply #1 on: 12/06/14, 00:13 »
I enjoyed the game mate, hope you will consistently bring your A game in the rest of your matches and then I can't see a reason why you wouldn't finish in top4. All the best for the rest of the season.

RossWilkin

Re: Intermediate A: Ross Wilkin 1-3 Tamas Vagvolgyi
« Reply #2 on: 12/06/14, 00:58 »
You'll fit in well to our leagues Tamas, great attitude to the game.
Hungary to qualify for next Euros!!
 ;)